Monolithically integrated load-break switch in JFET-based SiC technology
- First monolithically integrated realization of the "dual thyristor" in 4H-SiC JFET technology with potential for high-volume manufacturing.
- Self-powered, self-triggering and self-holding semiconductor-based fuse for DC grids and e-mobility applications
- The engineered topology enables scalability of trip current and reverse voltage for application-specific requirements
- BMBF supported project „SiC-DCBreaker“03INT501BC
- In-house research at the Fraunhofer IISB
- Boettcher N, Erlbacher T (2021): A Monolithically Integrated Circuit Breaker, in IEEE Electron Device Letters ( Volume: 42, Issue: 10, Oct. 2021). doi: 0.1109/LED.2021.3102935.
- Boettcher N, Erlbacher T (2020): Design Considerations on a Monolithically Integrated, Self Controlled and Regenerative 900 V SiC Circuit Breaker, in 2020 IEEE Workshop on Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications in Asia (WiPDA Asia). doi: 10.1109/WiPDAAsia49671.2020.9360279.
- Huerner A, et al. (2017): Monolithically Integrated Solid-State-Circuit-Breaker for High Power Applications, in ICSCRM, Materials Science Forum Vol. 897, 2017. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/msf.897.661